May your life someday be as awesome as you pretend it is on Facebook.
I don’t know who said that. But it sounds good, and it’s funny. It really sums up life quite well right now.
We’re posturing and posing on social media.
We’re very worried about crafting an image of the life we want or hope it will be, rather than how it actually is.
We leave out the messy photos. There are not many snapshots of the dirty dishes, the couches with the blankets spread out or of junk stacked up in the living room.
Our life has those things, but we don’t always embrace it.
But in actuality, those moments between what’s manicured and what’s in disarray is where the funniest times happen. Those undefinable spontaneous times actually define most of our time in life.
So…with that in mind, embrace what’s funny about life. What’s unpredictable and ironic.
These funny quotes about life will put a smile on your face and help you appreciate more of life.
1. “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” — Madeleine L’Engle
2. “Keep your heels, head and standards high.” — Coco Chanel
3. “Lord, please give me patience because if you give me strength I’ll need bail money too…” — Anonymous
4. “Life doesn’t imitate art, it imitates bad television.” — Woody Allen
5. “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” — Mark Twain
6. “As a child, my number one best friend was the librarian in my grade school. I actually believed all those books belonged to her.” — Erma Bombeck
7. “I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” — Maya Angelou
8. “Prom night was one of the worst nights of my life. My girlfriend looked fantastic … The problem was, so did her date.” — Deion Sanders
9. “I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.” — Winston Churchill
10. “A lot of people think the whole purpose of life is just to collect stuff. You’ve seen the bumper sticker: ‘He who dies with the most toys, wins.’ The truth is, ‘He who dies with the most toys … still dies!’ — Rick Warren
11. “It’s funny, I spent the first half of my life desperately trying not to become my mother, and now I am spending the second half of my life desperately hoping to become half the woman that she is.” — Helen C. Escott
12. “Life is short. Eat dessert first.” — Anonymous
13. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.“ — Lou Holtz
14. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow! What a Ride!'” — Hunter S. Thompson
15. “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.” — Stephen Hawking
16. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
17. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
18. “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” — Mark Twain
19. “When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.” — Cathy Guisewite
20. “Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”– Terry Pratchett
21. “A learning experience is one of those things that says, ‘You know that thing you just did? Don’t do that.” — Douglas Adams
22. “If at first you don’t succeed then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.” — Steven Wright
23. “Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.” — William Goldman
24. “If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank.” — Woody Allen
25. “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” — Charles Bukowski
26. “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
27. “Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.” —Jimmy Durante
28. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard
29. “Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.” — Anthony Burgess
30. “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
31. “I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong. — Charles M. Schulz
See what I mean? What have you learned about life from these funny quotes?
Maybe you didn’t learn anything at all, except just to smile for a few seconds. And that’s great too.
Appreciating life for what it is, is a great skill! Embrace how funny life is.