You are not alone.
Everyone feels sad at some point.
It’s a normal human emotion. Like anger, happiness, joy, jealousy and more.
Feelings are part of everyday life, and shouldn’t be ignored, but learned to be appropriately dealt with.
Sadness can help you focus on how life is going and where you’re headed next. It can also provide perspective on your relationships and what you should do next. It helps you clarify the situation and move on to the next open door.
Even if you’re sad, it’s a common experience that everyone can relate to.
To help you know you’re not alone, check out these great, relatable sad quotes.
1. “It’s in the darkest moments that we find our greatest strengths.” — Steven Atchison
2. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” ― Faraaz Kazi
3. “Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable.” – Nicholas Sparks
4. “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” – Ella Harper
5. “You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel.” – Johnny Depp
6. “I cannot eat, I cannot drink; the pleasures of youth and love are fled away: there was a good time once, but now that is gone, and life is no longer life.” – Plato
7. “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.” – Stephen R. Covey
8. “There is a time for departure, even when there’s no certain place to go.” ― Tennessee Williams
9. “Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.” – Leonardo da Vinci
10. “A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one.” – Queen Victoria
11. “It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.” – Henry Rollins
12. “The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung
13. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky
14. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” – George Eliot
15. The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow. – Bob Marley
16. When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
17. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ―Dr. Seuss
18. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
19. “The way sadness works is one of the strange riddles of the world. If you are stricken with a great sadness, you may feel as if you have been set aflame, not only because of the enormous pain but also because your sadness may spread over your life, like smoke from an enormous fire.” – Lemony Snicket
20. “Tears are words that need to be written.”
21. “Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative you can get beyond your pain or negativity.”
22. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”
23. “Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.”
24. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”
25. “The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.”
26. “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.” – David Levithan
27. “People keep telling me that life goes on, but to me that’s the saddest part.” – Unknown
Use these quotes to feel encouraged, even in the middle of your sadness. At least the cute puppy dog photos should help you.